Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bathroom Remodel

We recently remodeled our bathroom. We probably wouldn't have done it if we didn't have to, but I'm so glad we did! It was hideous! There was a foundation problem under that part of the house and my handyman husband had to jack the house up where it was sinking. Luckily, it completely ruined the bathroom! The tile cracked and the tub separated from the wall. So a couple of weeks later we demolished it and started from scratch. Ethan and I went to stay at my dad's and my father-in-law and brother-in-law came over to help Brian tear everything down and put in a new floor and walls. After all the boring stuff was over, I came back to help out with the tiling, painting and finishing touches! It turned out so awesome! Here are the before, during, and after pictures:


Before: ugly!


 After demolition (our dog Maggie under the house)


 This is when I showed up :)


 Master Tiler!


 After: Beautiful!!


 New tub/shower
 with built in shelf

Mirror on drawer tracks for 'hidden' medicine cabinet

Collage of black and white newborn pictures

5 comments:

  1. Love it!!!!! It looks fantastic girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you use a drawer slide that held a certain weight? Any problems with your mirror once you hung it?

    I'd like to do this in my bathroom, but our medicine cabinet has 3 doors in front... wondering if a heavy mirror would make it!

    Any thought would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took me a couple of days to respond, I had to consult my husband. You need to use heavy duty roller bearing tracks. These are sometimes called European style tracks. You may have to go to a cabinet store to find them. He says the important thing is that the track is the same length of the mirror, or it won't slide all the way open.

      Hope this helps! Let me know how it turns out. We LOVE ours!

      Delete
  3. Can you give more details on how you did the drawer slide mirror - measuring, attaching, placement?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you provide details on how to attached the slides to the mirror

    ReplyDelete